Saturday, November 27, 2010

Journal Prompt #9

Have you ever met a prophet or general authority?
If so tell about your experience.

One day Jared and I were sitting in Atlantis Burger with his Mum and Dad when Elder Richard Hinkley walked in to the restaurant and sat down to eat at a table about 5 feet from where we were sitting. I do have to admitt to being a little "star" struck. I really wanted to go and talk to him, but kept reasoning that the poor guy was there on his own, on his lunch break, and probably would enjoy a little piece and quiet and time to sit to a meal on his own. So I just sat there like a total idiot and stared at him. I think I probably made him feel more uncomfortable with my staring than he would have been if I had just gone up to him and said hello, because as he left the restaurant he smiled at me and gave me a small wave as he walked out the door.


Richard G. Hinckley

Sustained to the First Quorum of the Seventy April 2, 2005, at age 63. Former temple sealer, president of Utah Salt Lake City Mission, stake president and counselor, high councilor, bishop, and elder's quorum president. Received bachelor's degree in economics from University of Utah and MBA from Stanford University. Formerly executive and owner in private business ventures. Served in U.S. Army Reserve. Born May 2, 1941, in Salt Lake City, Utah, to Gordon B. and Marjorie Pay Hinckley. Wife, Jane Freed Hinckley; parents of four children. Information courtesy of LDS Church News.

1 comment:

  1. That's it!!!
    Next time, if there's one, I'm TOTALLY GOING FOR IT.

    No more wimpiness.

    ReplyDelete